- Information on Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
Provides information on Cal/OSHA requirements and how to obtain an MSDS.
- Zoonoses and Zoonotic Information
Provides information concerning health risks associated with laboratory animals and means of disease prevention.
- Occupational Health and Safety in the Care and Use of Nonhuman Primates, National Research Council, 2003
Reference for vivarium managers, veterinarians, researchers, safety professionals, and others who are involved in developing or implementing an occupational health and safety program dealing with nonhuman primates.
- Occupational Health and Safety in the Care and Use of Research Animals, National Research Council, 1997
Provides information on physical, chemical, and protocol-related hazards; allergens; zoonoses; principal elements of an occupational health and safety program; and occupational health care services.
- California Occupational Health and Safety Administration (Cal/OSHA)
- Cal/OSHA Standards (California Code of Regulations, Title 8)
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/National Institutes of Health, 2007
Provides information on biosafety principles; criteria for laboratory and vertebrate animal biosafety levels; risk assessment; recommended biosafety levels for infectious agents and infected animals; and agent summary statements.
- NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules (NIH Guidelines), National Institutes of Health, 2013
Specifies practices for constructing and handling recombinant or synthetic nucleic acid molecules and organisms/viruses containing recombinant or synthetic nucleic acid molecules.
- Medical History Questionnaire (MHQ)
In accordance with University Policy, annual completion of this form is mandatory for all personnel having contact with research animals or animal tissues and all personnel who have a security key card or key to enter the vivarium. Forms can be submitted online at the above address.
- Medical History Questionnaire Waiver Form for Visitors
In lieu of submitting the Medical History Questionnaire (MHQ) form, visitors may complete the MHQ Waiver Form provided they: 1) are not UCLA faculty, staff or students and 2) will only have transient contact with animals or animal or human tissue for a period of time not to exceed 3 days. All others must complete the MHQ.
- Occupational Health Facility (OHF)
Provides information on injury protocol, getting treatment or protection, zoonoses, animal handling, minimum occupational health requirements, and services provided by OHF and Student Health. OHF is located at 67-120 Center for Health Sciences.
- Division of Laboratory Animal Medicine (DLAM)
Provides information on zoonoses and safety practices in the care and use of research animals.
- Office of Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S)
Provides information on accident prevention, biological safety, hazardous materials management, industrial hygiene, and radiation safety.
Page Last Updated: December 13, 2013