Below are the scheduled RATS 2.0 Zoom training sessions for the month of August. If you have not yet completed a protocol in the new system, we highly encourage you to attend a training session to learn how to use RATS 2.0. Please contact RATSHelp@research.ucla.edu to register for an upcoming session:
|Friday, August 6, 2021||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, August 12, 2021||2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Friday, August 20, 2021||10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday, August 24, 2021||1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.|
We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming training; in the meantime, we offer the following tips for working in RATS:
SAVE, SAVE, SAVE, OK?
When you are in the protocol smartform and working within a pop-up that does not display an option to save (e.g., when completing an experiment pop-up on the Experiments page), it is imperative to click “OK” at the bottom of the pop-up window AND THEN click “Save” on the main page in the protocol smartform. Otherwise, the information entered into the pop-up window may not be saved to the protocol.
REQUEST FOR NEW PERSONNEL/FUNDING/LOCATIONS
For protocols that have not yet had the smartform populated, but require time-sensitive updates to personnel, funding, and/or locations, we have made activities available to allow you to submit these changes for review in lieu of an amendment. Important notes about these activities:
- The activities can be found on the left side of the parent protocol workspace and are named “Request for…”
- The parent protocol is the version without an appendix, e.g., ARC-2021-100
- If an amendment or triennial review is already in progress and you wish to make a time-sensitive update, contact your assigned IACUC coordinator
- The name of the IACUC Coordinator appears in the summary information of the open amendment or triennial review application
- If your protocol smartform has already been populated in the new system, an amendment is required
- Email RATShelp@research.ucla.edu for more information